“The digital guide for life”
|Founded: 2015, Shenzhen, China
Category: Artificial Intelligence
Primary office: Shenzhen, China
Core technical team: Shenzhen, China
Amount raised:USD$200 million (2 rounds – July 2016)
- SARS-CoV-2 NP Ab ELISA kit – assay kit to qualitatively detect antibodies specifically against SARS-CoV-2 virus proteins in human blood, in the format of enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) that can be applied plate reader systems in standard hospitals
- Meum™, the digital health management platform built by iCarbonX and its Digital Life ecosystem partners introduced to public (2017) – no longer mentioned on iCarbonX website (except as a milestone)
- Website for SARS-CoV-2 NP Ab ELISA kit to healthcare providers and patients
- Various technologies: genomics technology, mobile health, medical services, biological data analysis, artificial intelligence and data mining.
- Building ecosystems as per their build out of Digital Life Alliance (invested $400 million) [e.g., PatientsLikeMe has website of 1 million members sharing experiences of achieving resilience in fighting diseases; HealthTell helps patients understand how their immune system reacts to various medical, behavioral and environmental factors; SomaLogic which measures changes in the body’s proteins]
Distinct AI Features
- No specific mention of AI competencies, except that they apply the technology to health care
- Company has expertise across numerous domains including genomics technology, mobile health, medical services, biological data analysis, artificial intelligence and data mining.
- The company is highly cited, so they are advancing numerous fields.
- Planned Digital Life Alliance was set to apply artificial intelligence to interpret and study individuals’ digital life, with the intent to provide personalized products and services to guide and manage their physical life and live a healthier and better life.
AI useRate of return on customer’s investment to make AI work
- Meum™, the digital health management platform, permitted customers to interact with others who are suffering from similar health challenges
- Use of big data and artificial intelligence to provide data driven advice on living a healthier and better life
- Partnership with PatientsLikeMe which has 1 million members and tens of millions of data points about diseases
- No explicit mention of quantum computing in iCarbonX collateral. Generically, quantum computing is expected to enable artificial intelligence by, for example, handling huge amounts of data, building better models and more accurate algorithms, and using multiple datasets (integrating datasets more quickly)
- Meum™, the digital health management platform
- Management team has expertise in genomics technology, mobile health, medical service, biological data analysis, AI and data mining.
- Developed five platforms:
- Data collecting and technical platform – to produce and collect data throughout a person’s entire life
- Data analysis platform of artificial intelligence
- Intelligent hardware – focused on collecting data and serving as an extension interface for products and services
- Database and sample library – for storing data and samples
- A platform for providing customized service to every customer
- Big Data analytics based on an extensive collection, accumulation and integration of data (focusing on precision skincare, precision nutrition, precision health, and precision medicine)
- Acquisitions and partnerships to access complementary assets (such as patient data)
- As a result of Series A financing, the company planned to devote itself to precision skincare, precision nutrition, precision health, and precision medicine
- Committed to building a customer-centric platform of healthcare data and an AI engine, based on the Internet of Things, Mobile Internet and integrating leading resources from around the globe
- Recover from forced divestiture of US holdings (e.g., PatientsLikeMe) mandated by US Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States
- Fast Company. iCarbonX https://www.fastcompany.com/company/icarbonx Accessed 29 August 2020
- Financial Times. Leading China health tech start-up ensnared by Cfius. https://www.ft.com/content/9c56bdf6-7c5f-11e9-81d2-f785092ab560. Accessed 29 August 2020
- iCarbonX news release. iCarbonX completes series A financing, Tencent as strategic lead investor, valuation close to US$1 billion. https://www.icarbonx.com/en/news/383.html. Accessed 29 August 2020
- IT World Canada. iCarbonX. https://www.itworldcanada.com/ai/listing/icarbonx/. Accessed 29 August 2020
- Mobile Health News. UnitedHealth Group acquires PatientsLikeMe. https://www.mobihealthnews.com/content/unitedhealth-group-acquires-patientslikeme. Accessed 29 August 2020
- Owler. iCarbonX. https://www.owler.com/company/icarbonx. Accessed 29 August 2020
- Dan Craigen