“…Building a safer, smarter and healthier world”
|Founded:January 2012, Shanghai, China
Category: Artificial Intelligence
Primary office: Shanghai, China
Core technical team:Shanghai, China, and an R&D lab in Singapore
Amount raised: USD$411.8 million(12 rounds – March 2020)
- Security solutions: Face, image, and voice recognition technology that can be deployed at airports, bus stations, and residential complexes.
- Healthcare total solutions: Develops intelligent disease databases, “AI + big data” research platforms, regional research data centers, and intelligent assisted diagnosis systems and other solutions for clinic, teaching, research, and management operators.
- Intelligent business: Integrated hardware-software and modulated AI solutions for services offered by financial companies, customer services delivered by retail stores, and automated teller machines operated by banks.
- Intelligent cities: Ultra-large-scale intelligent operation and management technologies for municipal government departments responsible for city planning, urban life, city services, and city management.
- Channel Partners: Establishes partnerships to explore the promising future of AI together
- Publications: CEO and staff publish papers on professional journals such as PAMI, IJCV, NIPS, AISTATS and CVPR.
- Competitions: Company teams compete internationally. These teams have won world titles in many competitions, including ACM, PASCAL VOC, IOI, and FRVT, as well as the nomination for best paper at the ACM CHI conference.
- AI: Integrates advances in the fields of computer vision, speech recognition, semantic comprehension, intelligent decision, and AI chips to develop applications in security, health care solutions, intelligent businesses, and intelligent cities. Company has developed technology that can accurately identify individuals from a database of one billion people in just one second
- Global: Adapts to requirements in China, Singapore, and South East Asia.
Distinct AI Features
- See AI use
- Leverages the main applied sciences to develop AI applications. The applied sciences include, (1) computer vision solutions, (2) speech recognition, (3) algorithms, (4) human-computer interactions, (5) big data platforms, and (6) chip infrastructure.
- Provides a customer support desk
AI useRate of return on customer’s investment to make AI work
- Full stack of AI core technologies
- World’s first cloud vision intelligent chip, Questcore™
- R&D groups in China and Singapore
- Relationships with venture capital firms
- Various awards for advancing AI technology
- Process that combines algorithm development and chip design
- Strengthen YITU’s advantages in basic AI theory and novel algorithm development
- Commercialize applications of company’s technologies
- Extend hardware/software integration solutions to wider applications with competitive costs and efficiency
- Bloomberg. 2019. AI Startup Yitu Seeks IPO on China’s New Tech Board. CaixinGlobal. https://www.caixinglobal.com/2019-09-04/ai-startup-yitu-seeks-ipo-on-chinas-new-tech-board-101458551.html
- CrunchBase. 2020. Yitu Technology. https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/yitu-technology
- Sirui, Z. 2019. 10 Companies Join China’s National Open Platform for Next Generation AI. EqualOcesn. https://equalocean.com/news/2019082911628
- Udemans, C. 2018. Yitu Technology announces $200 million funding. technode. https://technode.com/2018/06/12/yitu-funding/
- Yi, H. 2019. Yitu Clarifies STAR Market IPO News. EqualOcean. https://equalocean.com/news/2019090411654
- Yitu Technology. 2020. Website.https://www.yitutech.com/cn
- YITU Technology. 2019. Dr. Yan Shuicheng Joins YITU Technology as CTO. PR Newswire. https://en.prnasia.com/releases/apac/dr-yan-shuicheng-joins-yitu-technology-as-cto-253285.shtml
- Tony Bailetti